Awesome Sunday Night





Midterms were finally over. Although I had not slept for 2 straight nights already, I still chose to celebrate by overnight video-gaming at the Computer Lab on Friday. After 4 hours of sleep, I got back home and continued making notes for my little "kid" Angus to prepare him for his Thematic Studies test on Monday. Go get them Angus! And then at night when I thought I could finally take a nap and lied on the couch, Mom slapped my face (brutal, but very effective!) and told me their friends Aunt Kathy and Uncle Ki were coming over to have hot-pot-ish dinner together. So I stayed "alive" till 1 a.m. for the sake of the great shrimps and oysters, totally worth it! (BTW, their daughter Carmen is also my BFF too, technically we've known each other since the day we were born, but she wasn't here cause she was now studying in Seattle) 

I still managed to get up at 10:30 a.m. to tutor my other "kid" who's living upstairs, so yay! At 7:00 p.m., some BFFs and I were gonna meet and watch Thor: The Dark World together. So I finally left my place at exactly 6:57 p.m. and went to the Tseung Kwan O Station. I really liked living here, the MTR station was just a few minutes away, the shopping malls were almost all connected, almost everything (Cinema, food court, book stores, electronic stores, boutiques...) I needed were just minutes away. I always blamed my laziness on these.

So after buying the tickets, Clifford (Bladder), Patrick (Alcohol), Sam and I went to find some place to eat. There were just too many choices, but I didn't know if it was lucky or not, almost every restaurant required us to take a number and wait, so we finally ended up in the McDonald's. I haven't been to McDonald's for ages, so I ordered as much food as possible like there was no tomorrow. So I got a jumbo set of Big Mac with Sausage McMuffins with Egg and a McFlurry with Smarties sprinkled all over it on my plate. Yum! Every bite was better than the last one! And Clifford took one for the team and ordered a "Rice Fun Wrap". He said it wasn't that bad, but it tasted like it'd been cooked for a few days. 





 

After scoffing down all the shitty food with extreme relief, we headed to the cinema at eight and watched the movie. I loved every Marvel hero (except Captain America, I was really annoyed with his...pretty much everything, from head to toe. To feel my hatred, just imagine if someday there were a superhero called Captain China, who dressed in the exactly same outfit, but with red color and yellow stars all over it), so I really enjoyed the whole movie. The CG were totally awesome, jokes were funny and I really wished there were a rewind button every time when Natalie Portman slapped someone! The biggest surprise was Zachary Levi was in the movie, I hadn't seen him around since Chuck (that TV show) ended. 




After the movie, it seemed it was still early so Clifford brought us to a sweet soup shop in his (and my) housing estate. Although I'd been living here for about 10 years, my family seldom entered any restaurants in our housing estate, cause we've got more awesome choices in the malls. So I heard that sweet soup shop had been open for 2 years. They didn't have an English menu so I didn't know their English translation. I already blew my money on McDonald's and I was not hungry at all, so I ordered a bowl of grass jelly with coconut milk. Sam's bowl of grass jelly with mango also looked really nice. Patrick also ordered grass jelly with coconut milk, but added taro on it. I had no idea what Clifford was eating, I just knew there were watermelons in it. General speaking, my dessert wasn't bad, I wish it could be more sweet,  I mean after all, the shop was called 嚐糖("Tasting Sugar") and they should really sell it. 




So after we'd finished, we finally had some time to talk about what was going on with all our lives. Clifford and Patrick were bright students and were admitted to CUHK one year in advance to study IFAA through ESA (Early Admissions Scheme) Currently, they were both suspending their study and in internships. They didn't really talk much on that so I assumed their lives were quite hard right now. But I thought they were still enjoying it. Pat was gonna be an exchange student to Manchester (as a Manchester United fan, this bastard looked really excited) in next semester, rumor had it that this smart guy had been studying really hard last year and got a near perfect GPA, although he denied it, but still, great job Patrick! Cliff was gonna come back in next semester so we discussed a little about grouping together to finish the Final Year Project (we were both from Chung Chi College, man were our lives hard). And Sam? He was a IBBA student, I always forgot what it stood for, but "some" would call it "Itchy Bitchy Busty Asshole". Ever since we started studying in CUHK, we met and did stuff together more and more often. We even enrolled a course together in the summer semester! What was more awesome was he got a dorm room again for the semester! We were so gonna change it into our video-gaming fort! 

Then we exchanged some CUHK news around us, trying to keep Cliff and Pat up. And Patrick was onto my major study transfer story again, so I had to tell the whole thing for the third time, I was pretty annoyed the whole time. And now that we were on the subject, Pat and Cliff also shared some storied about IFAA too, like there was an IFAA student transferring to Computer Science last year while there was another who felt so much pressure from studying that he already quit college! 

That really was not the kind of reunion you might expect (although it was still amazing as hell), cause we didn't really miss each other so bad. Unlike other people, we met quite often even though we'd already been taking separate paths after high school. Thanked to our Whatsapp group, we could always conjure up plans and hang out together. Another reason was our clique was simple enough. Pat, Cliff, Sam and I (and some other friends) were all CUHK students, while the others were in HKU and HKUST. Also, we all lived quite near to each other (like TKO, Lam Tin, Kwun Tong). In a few phone calls and we could instantly come outside and play! That was why we still managed to keep our tradition of spending our Mid-Autumn Festival together these 2 years! These friends were one of the most valuable things in my entire life. 

Before Cliff and I walked them to the MTR station, we planned something about traveling after exams were over. Now we'd already got some places on our mind, so we would see!


Good old times in 2010!



Kev
Awesome Sunday Night Awesome Sunday Night Reviewed by Kevin Lai on 8:20:00 PM Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.