Goodbye, ASM

Dear all,

How do you make time fly? Throw the clock outta the window, they say. Well, Vision Lab doesn't have any windows, ha burn! Is that really a bad thing? Absolutely freakin' not! As some of you may already know, after today I will be out of work!

For the whole year I've been working here, I actually wanted to stay here as long as possible. I'm dead serious, I'm still running away from the huge pile of schoolwork that's waiting to engulf me in flames. And I think I've already lost the ability to survive many an one-hour lecture and the motivation to study. At least I know what I do here makes real contribution to the society while my homework only drags my already low GPA. Anyway, I am sorry I cannot postpone my stay here any longer, I'm lucky enough to be the only underachieving idiot in the Google Tech Camp next week and after that I'll be in University of Washington 'til next semester starts, fulfilling this big iZombie fan's dream.

Still, I'd like to take this opportunity and thank the many people I have worked with and with whom I will remain friends for a long time. I couldn't have finished every single job here without you being generous and kind enough to offer help and guidance. And a big shout-out to all the folks in Die Bond Application Team, who've been supportive and caring the whole time. I'm proud of having y'all as my coworkers, and hope this feeling is mutual.

To my advisors, Kenneth, Wenling and Daniel, who're irreplaceable, thank you for having faith in me and let me get my hands dirty. That offers me rare opportunities to expand my knowledge in different fields. The experience is priceless. Hope I have been worth your time. I wish you will have another intern who is better than me soon, and I shamelessly hope I just jinxed that.

I am grateful for having the chance to work here. For a student, this opportunity is once-in-a-lifetime. This is where I started to believe being an engineer is my true calling.

Live long, and prosper.

Yours sincerely,
Kev Lai

P.S.

I've listed my contacts here, I'd very much appreciate if we can keep in touch:
Facebook: (My old stomping ground): https://www.facebook.com/LaiChungSing
Google+: https://plus.google.com/+KevinLaiCS/

You can view all the farewell photos here.

Shakespearean version:


Dear all,

How doth thou make time fly? Throw the clock outta the window, they say. Well, Vision Lab doesn't hast any windows, ha burn! Is that really a bad thing? Absolutely freakin' not! As some of thou may already wot, after today I will be out of work!

F'r the whole year I've been working hither, I actually want'd to stay hither as long as possible. I'm dead serious, I'm still running aroint from the huge pile of schoolwork that's waiting to engulf me in flames. And I think I've already lost the ability to survive many an one-hour lecture and the motivation to study. At least I wot what I doth hither makes real contribution to the society while mine homework only drags mine already low GPA. Anyway, I am sorry I cannot postpone mine stay hither any longer, I'm lucky enough to be the only underachieving blinking idiot in the Google Tech Camp next week and after that I'll be in University of Washington 'til next semester starts, fulfilling this big iZombie fan's dream.

This year hath been a fie, I've grown spiritually and physically. F'r starter, I've understood moo about that "with great power comes great responsibility" quote: it takes huge courage to fix a bug, it takes yea moo courage to admit thou made the bug. (Prithee don't take this personally.) I hast a new understanding about problem solving arts. Every time when thou try to fix a problem 'r develop some new stuff, thou're destin'd to hit many, many, many jowls on the road, and thou wot darn right I'm not yea exaggerating. It's not about the sharpness of thy mind, it's all about patience. . . and who thou ask f'r help. And f'r the physical part, I gain'd 10 pounds because of all those irresistable food on everyone's desk. Thank thou very much, I couldn't hast done that without any of thou. but if thou couldst help me lose them, that'd be great.

Still, I'd like to take this opportunity and thank the many people I hast work'd with and with whom I will remain cater-cousins f'r a long time. I couldn't hast finish'd every single job hither without thou being generous and kind enough to tender help and guidance. And a big shout-out to all the folks in Die Bond Application Team, who've been supportive and caring the whole time. I'm fustian of having y'all as mine coworkers, and hope this humour is mutual.

To mine advisors, Kenneth, Wenling and Daniel, who're irreplaceable, thank thou f'r having faith in me and let me get mine hands dirty. that tenders me rare opportunities to expand mine knowledge in different fields. the experience is priceless. Hope I hast been worth thy time. I wish thou will hast another intern who is better than me lief, and I shamelessly hope Ijust jinx'd that.

I am grateful f'r having the chance to work hither. F'r a student, this opportunity is once-in-a-lifetime. This is whence I start'd to believe being an engineer is mine true calling.

Live long, and prosper.

Yours sincerely,
Kev Lai


Goodbye, ASM Goodbye, ASM Reviewed by Kevin Lai on 11:06:00 AM Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.