Howard the Love Wizard



6 hours ago, I just finished watching the latest episode of the Big Bang Theory after the night shift of my library assistant job. Like usual, it still perfectly presents what a high standard sit-com looks like. I've been a huge fan since the day my friend Dimitar telling me how great, funny, clever this show is and talked me into watching an episode that night when we were in the CS lab chatting. So what's itching me to blog about it now, not then?

In this episode (The Romance Resonance), the engineer of the clique Howard Wolowitz serenaded to his lover for the second time, honestly, I still remember Howard's great piano skills but I didn't think he was a good singer, in fact, the first time he did this was just to gain laughs from the audience. So this time, I only thought it would be an reenactment, but with Raj and Sheldon goofing off this time. However, it turned out I was wrong, completely wrong.

My whole attitude changed completely right after Howard sang the second line, not just because of the well-written, sophisticated lyrics but the sense of change. Just by hearing Howard's tone and his eyes on Bernadette you can smell the vibe is getting serious. Yeah, the lyrics were still funny, yeah, you could still see Penny's hot body, but suddenly your eyes and mind were only glued to the sweet couple's faces. You could still see Howard flapping his jaws, but you could only hear him singing "Bernadette" over and over again. They are separated by a piece of glass, but I really didn't see it made any difference. Suddenly, you realize the most romantic moment in TBBT just happened, not from Sheldon and Amy, not even from Leonard and Penny, but from a former pervert called Howard Wolowitz and a girl who saw right through him.

My eyes were welling up but I managed not to shed a tear (I was in the MTR man!), talking about a guy who got zero experience in romance, let alone all those people who are in love. This song is definitely a historical moment of TBBT.

Thank you Chuck Lorre! If watching TBBT can get me a girlfriend that would be so tight! And Leonard is acting more and more normal lately, I don't like that.

To view the lyrics and show your support, you can go to this site:
http://www.cbs.com/shows/big_bang_theory/news/1001439/


Howard the Love Wizard Howard the Love Wizard Reviewed by Kevin Lai on 12:53:00 PM Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.