And Let the Semester Break Commence!

Exams're all OVER!!! YAY!!!!!! And let the celebration begin!! Wait, I've already started way before they ended.

Indy and I agreed to go for dinner on this Monday for celebration of the end of exams (which should be 3 days later!) She wanted to spend more time with her family and I'd got a lot of unions to catch up on, so that was our "Last Supper". We met at the University Station at around 5:30pm and we headed over to Sha Tin. I wasn't familiar with Sha Tin so I had to count on Indy as my guide. Being a local Hong Kong citizen, I was pretty ashamed about it. When we arrived, both of us didn't really had a place in mind but we agreed on a restaurant with xiao long bao, cause she liked xiao long bao, and I, as always, couldn't get enough of them. After I had helped her order a basket of xiao long bao and a bowl of Sichuan Dandan Noodles, we chatted a a bit about my job experience with Sam during my Summer Holiday and Chinglish. I brainwashed her with Hong Kong people's catchphrases like "OK la" (OK啦), "Whatever la"(是但啦), and "Sorry lor"(Sorry囉/對唔住囉), her English would not be as pure as she was 3 months ago! I also spilled soup all over the table when I was trying to pick the noodles into my bowl, which made her so happy when she knew my skills on using chopsticks was just as bad as she was. I was happy too when I got to finish most of the food cause she had a small stomach. My stomach was like a black hole. I already proved that when we were watching the Hunger Games movie last time. I ordered the biggest bucket of popcorn for myself and finished all of it. I even refused to let her and Sam dip their fingers on MY PRECIOUS popcorn. I won the Hunger Games 2 in a row! From now on, call me Kevniss Everdeen!

After dinner, we went to the an area full of Christmas decorations to take some photos. And a charity organisation was holding a booth with a mobile printer there saying they could print a pic from your cellphone as long as you made a $10 donation, what a great coincidence! So we took a pic and printed 2 as a keepsake.

Yeah, I really look like a pervert. 

After we'd got our pics, we wished each other good luck and said goodbye as she went to pick up her parents while I headed back home to study.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sidetrack
Indy donated all RMBs she got but I only donated $10 to the charity. I didn't really like it when a charity organisation was associated with a commercial company. And I started to lose respect when I saw the staff's T-shirt only got two letters on it: the company's logo. I had to look at the donation box to see which charity organisation it was. I asked them how much the printer and the photo papers cost. ~$2000 and $130 for a pack. My jaws were still flapping and spilling all kinds of nonsense. But in my mind I started to wonder how much of my donation would really help the people in need. At the end of the night, I asked myself what I could do to ensure people could 100% benefit from my help. I took out my wallet and found the organ donation card I got a couple weeks ago. I was gonna sign it that day but I was also thinking I should tell my parents first. And then I forgot all about it. So before I went to sleep, I signed it without any hesitation. And to get back at this charity organisation (symbolically), I made an donation to another charity.

My Organ Donation Card.

A complimentary gift for support in CUHK!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So on Thursday, my semester officially ended! I had strongly mixed feelings but before I could sit down and clear up my mind, a series of celebration had already started.

Indy brought me to the hotel where their parents settled in cause I really didn't know CUHK'd got a hostel without an "ass"! I really needed to see that! And when I was following Indy (again), I had a phone call with Sam discussing where we should go for dinner. I heard Indy laughing but I had no idea why. I guessed it was either because she heard the "la"(啦),  "lor"(囉) and "ar"(呀), or just because she heard me swearing. When I was about to shut up and end the phone call, I was already standing in front of the entrance of the Hyatt Regency, and I saw a lady standing there, it was Indy's mom! I said hi to Mrs. Prentice and she shook my cold, sweaty hand, she was still keeping her smile so I considered that as a good sign, cause I was expecting her saying something like  "Stay away from my daughter! Ever since she knew you, her IQ had been halved". And then Mr. Prentice came over and shook my other cold, sweaty hand. They both looked young and energetic and didn't find me annoying. Awesome! We had a short conversation and then we parted ways. They went back to rest a bit before they went to the airport to pick up their other daughter, and I'd got a dinner to go. We said our last goodbye and I left. I went to the elevator which we took earlier and of course, I was tripped and almost fell on my face, cause it was an one-way elevator! It was so dark and I was lost when I tried to find a way out. I was so desperate that I texted Indy for help. Luckily, I found the stairs after a minute. Phew~

Before meeting my friends, I took the MTR to Mongkok to buy an USB wire for my cellphone cause mine was broken. After all things were done, I headed back to Po Lam to meet my friends. We settled in an Italian restaurant, and played a little something I'd like to call the "Food Roulette": each of us opened the menu and pointed at something to order. We ended up ordering 3 pizzas, and they were incredibly delicious. That was a small dinner, cause there were only 4 of us, the others were either still studying for exams (Yeah!), working or not in HK. Patrick was still in his internship and was going to the UK next semester. So we tried everything to wear him down to pay for dinner (It didn't work). Sam had already finished his exams on 3rd December (business students always got the good stuff...), therefore we were really really jealous. John was sitting beside me and we hadn't seen each other for months! I really missed him, so at the second I saw him, I ran over to hug...his belly! Warm and cozy! And we greeted each other with our secret code. 5 years ago,  Yoyo (another BFF of mine, his name is Wesley but we were used to call him Yoyo), John and I were so obsessed with these phrases: 天呢! 醋呢! 南交! 爸爸叔! (tin lei! cho lei! nan gau! ba ba shok!) According to John, it was from some sort of Buddhist book. I had no idea what it was, it wasn't Chinese, and I didn't know what t meant, but it was really fun to say. We were used to greet each other by saying these phrases by turns. It bonded us together. John was studying Environmental Science in the University of Stress and Tension, automatically I made a lot of fun outta him. And John, of course, was not that easy to cave in. He avenged me by talking about programming all night, and asked me how to swear in German (which I didn't know how). After dinner, John and I messed with the restaurant's ticket machine and tried to take a number for 99 people! The screen said it was too many and we could only take a number for 30 people, so we did, without a second thought! When we were about to leave, we heard a "ding dong" sound, and John and I both had the same thought: "Looks like we just got the table! RUN!" So we ran away as far as possible fearing to look back!

Then we wandered around the mall to see what we could do. We felt like we were wasted and living for no purpose. Patrick and Sam were quite opposed about that, they wanted to do something more meaningful. But John and I were enjoying every SINGLE second of it, we just wanted to chill out and relax cause we both finished our exams that day, unlike some people who either had finished their exams weeks ago or didn't even need to take exams! And then Sam and I couldn't resist taking the XBox 360 Controllers outta our backpack, so we decided go to the McDonald's after we walked Patrick to the MTR station. Normally, we had 2 Video Gaming Forts: my home and Lawrence's. But my brother was still studying for his DSE (I didn't want to disturb him, giving him no excuses to mess up his DSE) and Lawrence was still struggling in exams in HKU, therefore the great McDonalds's became our third choice. And in the McDonald's, we played PES2013 until the battery of my laptop was dead! How wasted were we! Although my stomach was stuffed with food, I still couldn't resist and bought a McFlurry, that was so good~~


John and I played with candles in Mid-Autumn Festival back in 2010. We almost got kicked out of the park for what we'd done. Good times!

And next year, Ka Lok and I bullied Sui Fu during school's Sports Day.

So John took the liberty to make a few changes!

At around 11:00pm, we finally said good bye and went home. If you think that was the end, you couldn't be more wrong!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On the next day, I was supposed to meet Samuel in CUHK but I overslept (I'm really sorry , Samuel, Skype me baby!), but I still went there to see how Juno and Vincent were with their graphics assignment. And at night, I went out for dinner with my friends again, Sam was still there, but this time we had Clifford and Clement. And guess what? That was Clifford's birthday! We never called Clement, well, Clement. Instead, we called him Sui Fu. Why? Cause Sui Fu (緒富) was his Chinese name and it sounded almost exactly the same as 睡褲 (pajamas)! John would sometimes call him "Fu", cause it sounded like "Fool"! We met in the Hang Hau Station at around 7. When Sui Fu shown up, he was wearing a hat, my first instinct was he became bald. So I grabbed his hat to found out, and Sui Fu, as always, swore at me cause he didn't see it coming. When I took off his hat, I still saw hair (I was disappointed), but the size of his head was like it had been shrank by half, as he cut his hair too much! So after some swearing, we instantly caught up. We went to the Nabe One nearby since we wanted to have some beef. But the queue was too long when we got there, therefore we went to a Chinese restaurant in another mall to have hot pot. 

While we were waiting outside, I was still making fun of Sui Fu's stupid hat, like he had got cancer or he was hiding Voldemort's face like Professor Quirrell from Harry Potter. I really wished John was there, cause we were never lack of ideas on what to do to Sui Fu. After that, we finally had some serious conversation, on video games. 10 minutes later, our table was ready so we started to order. We could order anything on the menu, as much as we want, for 2 hours! It was like the promised land for me! When we were eating, we started to discuss what was new in CUHK and HKUST. Sam and Sui Fu both were BBA students, the difference was Sam was in Team Chillaxin' (頹), while Sui Fu was in Team Stress and Tension. I didn't really understand their conversation cause I was no good in business but Clifford (an IFAA student) laughed so I guessed Sam was also making fun of Sui Fu. And Sui Fu chose the wrong time to get back at us. He asked us when our semester break would end. Nice combat! Cause HKUST's semester started in February while CUHK's started in early January. But you went to the wrong neighborhood, Sui Fu! He was surrounded by 3 CUHK students and he expected he could go away with these, so cute! We refused to respond and I told him HKUST people deserved a longer break cause the college wanted to lower its high suicide rate. Sui Fu also asked us about some ideas on interesting/hilarious Christmas gifts for girls, cause he needed to do that in college. A scene in Superbad immediately popped into my mind, so I said tampons. Surprisingly, they all thought that was a great idea (boys, huh?) but they all expressed their fear on buying these in shops. I said Mom was the solution, which I totally regretted saying it the second after I said it out loud. They started to discuss how my Mom would react or what even better idea she could think of (Mom was famous of her sense of humor and hysterical punchlines). After a lot of nasty trash-talking, we finally stuffed our stomachs with food. After the dinner, we were thinking about catching a flick so we walked to the PopCorn Star Cinema in my place to have a look. But some of us wanted to hit the jar first so we went to find a bathroom. It was already 10:30pm and the bathrooms in many of the malls were already locked. We were so desperate we even tried to pick the lock of a bathroom for the handicapped. After relentless searching, we finally found a men's room which was open. We were so relieved that we could finally "relieve"! What a great bonding moment! Then we headed to the cinema only to find it was already closed when we arrived. So we stuck to our solid plan B: PES2013/FIFA2014. We went to where Clifford and I lived, bought some desserts and found a place to begin. Also, the moment I'd been waiting for months had finally arrived: when Sui Fu saw the wallpaper on my laptop (which I'd been using for the whole semester), he threw a total tantrum and started shooting all the bad phrases he could think of to me, like "屌你呀!" (Fxxk You ar!), "屌你老母"(Fxxk your mother ar!),  "你做乜撚野呀?" (What is fxxkin' wrong with you ar?), "你係咪戇撚鳩架?" (Are you fxxkin' retarded ga?),  "你真係痴撚線架!" (You are really fxxkin' insane ga!) and his legendary, classic, old catchphrase "收皮啦!" (Shut the fxxk up la!) That was a moment I would never ever forget!

My laptop wallpaper! I took this great pic when we were in Shanghai in 2010.


The second before Sui Fu flipped me off.

He looked way better when I couldn't see his face clearly.


Happy Birthday, Clifford, and stretch your neck more for a good photo, please!

We left at around 1pm. After Clifford and I walked them to the MTR station, I went straightly to bed for some rest. The weekends were family days, cause it is Dad's birthday on Sunday! I'm sorry I won't write about it, what happens in the family, stays in the family, ha! But I assure you it's gonna be so awesome, here's a hint: my birthday gift for Dad is I'm gonna hold his hand on the streets all day! Dad is gonna be so happy!

P.S. Sorry about the bad pics, ever since I started blagging (blogging+ bragging), people'd been sick of me taking photos of them.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Update:

Indy is leaving for Thailand. Goodbye for now and see you next year!

Kev
And Let the Semester Break Commence! And Let the Semester Break Commence! Reviewed by Kevin Lai on 12:16:00 AM Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.